Labels

Friday 5 August 2011

Ahhh, Devon

And so the beer tasting roadshow moves on from the New Forest to Devon. However, I do have 3 bottles from Ringwood Brewery to try should the draught pickings get a bit thin at any point. So first stop was my favourite pub, the Double Locks in Exeter (www.double locks.com). I tried a pint of Otter Amber. I am quite a fan of Otter Ales (www.otterbrewery.com) but I've never tried the Amber ale, and what a treat.

So beer number 6...

Beer: Otter Amber
Brewer: Otter Brewery, Honiton, Devon
Country trying in: UK
Town trying in: Exeter
Where purchased: double locks pub, Exeter
Date tasted: 5/8/11
Package type: draught
Best before date: ?
Size: pint
Alcohol by volume: 4%
Tasting temperature: room

Appearance: Amber, clear, small creamy head which clung to the glass perfectly

Aroma: hoppy

Flavour: refreshing astringency, light, fresh hoppiness, with a light lasting bitterness

Overall impression: A lovely drinking refreshing ale, top notch. I could definitely spend a long afternoon drinking this.

Rating out of 5: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment